The Student News Site of Bellevue East High School

The Tom Tom

The Tom Tom

The Tom Tom

BEast Student Media goes on zoo field trip

Sting! Bellevue East’s student media classes started a zoo field trip tradition last year. Following that tradition, the classes Yearbook Production, Newspaper Production, and the new addition Media Production went to the zoo this year. “[It] was a great opportunity for us to go on a field trip that isn’t a conference or award show, while also still doing journalism,” Yearbook Editor In-Chief Neila Mustard said. “When going to the aquarium, we were one of the first people there, so it wasn’t super crowded and loud. It’s my last official time to actually hang out with them before the end of high school as I am graduating.” Photo by Neila Mustard
Look! As an aspiring member of the Bellevue East Tom Tom student newspaper, sophomore Lillian Herrick visited the zoo with her group members (left to right) Emily Hollars, Brianna Yang, and Layla Hango. who are all in Newspaper Production. “I already wanted to participate in journalism next year, but talking to some of the newspaper members about it gave me an idea of how much fun it could be,” Herrick said. Photo by Liliian Herrick
Just keep swimming! As a staff member on Yearbook, sophomore Haley Cheshier went to the zoo on a journalism field trip with the other production classes. “The field trip to the zoo was really fun and I learned a lot,” Cheshier said. “The trip was memorable because I was with my friends, and we did a lot of fun things together.”
Photo by Haley Cheshier